The world of real estate is so large and as an agent you have a choice. You can be a jack of all trades master of none, or you can refine your skills and master a specific position. I am a listing agent. In fact, the only time I work with buyers are when my sellers want to buy locally. Here are some of the perks working with an exclusive listing agent.
1. You know I'm not looking to just put a sign in your yard and attract buyers to convert to clients. I have one goal in mind, to sell your property.
2. I am not consistently booked with buyer showings, I use my time to market, research, and solicit the property.
3. I am thorough in research. Listing agents like to focus on farming neighborhoods to obtain multiple listings. Therefore, I go the extra mile to research the area. From schools, to HOA's, and I also build rapport with neighbors, who many know of buyers looking to purchase in the area.
4. I am able to hold myself and marketing accountable. Since my goal is to sell your home, I am constantly looking at performance. If I'm not getting the results I want, I review and brainstorm other ways to sell the house. I am also able to bring more experience to the table, knowing what does work and what doesn't.
5. Dual agent - some agents look to bring a buyer to their seller and represent both parties. I however, think that's a conflict of interest. As a seller's agent my goal is to get you highest and best offer. As a buyers agent the goal is to get the buyer a good deal. If those to goals clash do you feel confident your agent is representing your best interest? If I acquire the buyer for your property, just like with most buyers, I refer them to another KW agent.